It is our pleasure to invite you to the Fourth Annual Conference of Sanabel, the Microfinance Network of the Arab Countries, which will be held on June 12-14, 2007 at the Movenpick Hotel, Yemen. The theme for this year’s conference is "Serving the Poor: 10 million clients by 2010" and will be held under the patronage of H.E. Ali Abdullah Saleh, the President of the Republic of Yemen.
Conference Program includes:
- Panel Discussions— learn more about the current state of the Arab microfinance industry and ways to reach more clients while preserving social mission
- Workshops— explore growth strategies, Islamic lending, innovative partnerships, and more
- Mini-Trainings—participate in short courses about technology, SEEP Frame Tool, fundamentals of microfinance, financing growth, and more
- Action Plan Sessions— provide input on Sanabel’s strategic plan to ensure that it facilitates the advancement of microfinance in the Arab world
- Financing Forum— understand investment deals made in the region to-date and network with potential funders
- Networking Opportunities—connect with colleagues from around the region and key stakeholders
- 2007 Regional Microentrepreneur Awards— witness Sanabel’s fourth award ceremony, which showcases the best microentrepreneurs in the Arab region
- Microentrepreneur Souk—purchase Yemen’s exquisitely made handicrafts at the conference’s very own souk
- Exhibition— showcase microfinance-related products, services and information throughout the conference
- Field Visits –tour MFI branches of Yemen’s leading institutions within Sana’a and Ibb Governate
The primary language of the conference will be classical Arabic with some presentations in English and French. Simultaneous translation will be provided throughout the conference in English, Arabic and French. Conference materials will be in Arabic, English and French.